I tend to describe the failure to inhabit the body as dissociation. There are a whole continuum of responses, from complete withdrawal/ catatonia (this is what the psychiatrists focus on) to the inability to feel your toes. Frequently in cranial … Read More
This is a great talk on the regulation of emotion. After watching the video I bought his book: ‘Born To Be Good’. It was one of the best neurology books I have read in the last few years. Highly recommended … Read More
Welcome to my new improved site! It looks pretty much like the old one, but this blog page is new and the back ground features are much sharper. I will be adding articles and things that interest me every so … Read More
What is dissociation?
“I heard a shout; starting and looking half around I saw the lion just in the act of springing upon me … Growling horribly close to my ear he shook me as a terrier does a rat.
- Dissociation, Body Maps, and Pain
- Befriending our Bodies – Talk from Jon Kabat-Zinn
- Great talk on why touch is so powerful
- ‘Suddenly, My Body’: Great talk on being with and without a body
- ‘Born To Be Good’ – great book on emotion